Focus on the News
2010 WM GLOBAL Statistical Report
God calls 12 million Seventh–day Adventist women to TOUCH A HEART AND TELL THE WORLD.
7 – World Health Day
April 7, 2012, is World Health Day, an annual event to draw attention to priorities in global health. Women are burdened not only by disease but also by a lack of human rights that affects their health. In addition, wars, honor killings, domestic violence and female genital mutilation injure and destroy women in many parts of the world. We can make a difference where we are as we show Jesus’ love and care for the women in need around us.
- Every minute of every day somewhere in the world, a woman dies giving birth.
- In sub-Saharan Africa, one in four women aged 20 to 29 is infected with HIV-AIDS.
- Of the 1.2 billion people living in poverty worldwide, 70 percent are women.
- One in four young girls in developing countries suffers from iodine deficiency.
- Nearly a half billion women are stunted from malnutrition.
There is a ministry for every woman. Needs are opportunities for you to touch someone.
How can we Touch a Heart and Tell the World?
Guidelines, ideas, and resources are available for each one of these three areas of ministry. They provide information and inspiration that will help you and the women of your church to “Touch a Heart for Christ.” Download free materials at women.adventist.org